Calibration & Servicing
Why is calibration important?
Over time an instrument’s accuracy can drift. This is normally caused by general wear and degradation, however, hazardous environments or instrument shocks can speed up this process. To ensure confidence in the results of your instrument, we always advise that they should be regularly serviced and calibrated. This will ensure reliable, accurate and consistent measurements are given.
Rhopoint Instruments has UKAS/ISO 17025 accreditation for gloss calibration. This accreditation ensures that gloss measurements are accurate, compliant, and reliable, thus supporting both product quality and business reputation.
There are 3 main reasons why calibration is important, especially within the manufacturing and testing industries:
What happens during a calibration?
Return to service centre process
- Request a return calibration and service using our RMA form here.
- Send your hand-held or bench-top instrument to an authorised service centre using a courier of your choice. You’ll need to pay the courier fee.
- We’ll calibrate and service your instrument and return it to you within 3-10 days.
- Once we’ve completed your calibration and service, you’ll receive a report and calibration certificate.
- We’ll send you a yearly reminder near to the next calibration date. You can opt out of this service if you prefer.
Note: The primary master gloss artefacts used in our calibrations are calibrated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA in accordance with the best practices and data available, which are upgraded when appropriate. All of our gloss calibrations are therefore traceable to NIST, with documentation available on request.
To find a local service centre, please use the button below. All listed centres are able to perform factory-level glossmeter calibrations adhering to Rhopoint procedures whilst providing full traceability for the instrument and tile.
FAQ & Troubleshooting Guide
Common questions about how to operate glossmeters
Advice on how to use and calibrate the IQ Flex
Ensure accuracy with regular calibration