ISO 14001 Accreditation
At Rhopoint Instruments, sustainability is a commitment ingrained in our culture and values. We believe that sustainable business practices are essential for the well-being of our planet and future generations. As a responsible organisation, we are committed to making a positive impact on society and the environment through our operations, products and partnerships.
We understand that our choices and actions as a company have far-reaching consequences. Therefore, we have embraced sustainability as a core value, integrating it into every aspect of our business strategy. This is reflected by our recent accreditation to ISO14001, the International Standard for Environmental Management Systems.
Our sustainability efforts are guided by three key pillars: design, manufacture and service. Through these pillars, we aim to minimise our ecological footprint and drive long-term value for all stakeholders.
Together, these pillars form the foundation of our corporate sustainability strategy, enabling us to navigate the complex challenges of our time. We are committed to setting ambitious goals, tracking our progress, and regularly communicating our performance and achievements to our stakeholders.Design
- Conducting life cycle assessments and evaluating the environmental impact of a product
- New products are designed for durability and longevity
- Wherever possible, we use renewable or recyclable materials to reduce waste
- Products are designed to be energy efficient
- Reducing packaging materials
- For components used in new products, we look at sourcing materials locally first
- Overall, improve resource efficiency, investing in additional software and processes: Visual Factory / KanBan – Lean Manufacturing
- Eliminating process waste
- Use of renewable energy – in 2022 we invested in solar panels for our manufacturing facility.
- Minimising waste
- Reduce packaging
- Avoid virgin and single use plastics
- Green chemistry – use of environmentally friendly chemicals, where possible
- Group deliveries to minimise carbon emissions
- Sourcing environmentally friendly couriers
- Re-use of components
- Use sustainable transportation for shipment of instruments
- Recycling end of life instruments