Register your new instrument within 28 days of purchase to extend your warranty and software update period to 2 years.
Instruments not registered within 28 days of purchase will receive a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
- Definitions and Interpretation:
- “Goods” means any articles (or any part of them) which were originally supplied by Rhopoint Instruments Limited.
- “Manufacturer”, “us”, “we” means Rhopoint Instruments Limited.
- “Owner” means person or other entity who currently has title to the Goods.
- Subject to the following provisions Rhopoint Instruments Limited warrants that:
- The Goods conform in all material respects with their description; and
- The Goods are free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
- If any Goods are shown to be in breach of the warranty above within a period of two years from the date of purchase, we will (at our option) replace or repair such Goods provided that the Owner has notified us in writing (using the procedure below) and returned the Goods to us for inspection within a period of two years from the date of purchase.
- The above warranty is given by Rhopoint Instruments Ltd subject to the following conditions:
- The Manufacturer shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Manufacturer’s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Manufacturer’s approval.
- The above warranty does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by Rhopoint Instruments, in respect of which the Owner shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the other product manufacturer to Rhopoint Instruments (which Rhopoint Instruments hereby assigns to the Owner to the extent that such assignment is permitted by the terms thereof). The Owner acknowledges that Rhopoint Instruments, in these circumstances, is acting solely as a third party distributor of the Goods and that the manufacturer of the Goods shall be solely responsible for all liabilities, claims, damages, obligations, and costs and expenses related to the Goods distributed by Rhopoint Instruments. The Owner agrees that Rhopoint Instruments shall be solely responsible for compliance of the Goods with Rhopoint Instruments’ warranty and for any maintenance, support or repair of the Goods. Rhopoint Instruments makes no representation, covenant or warranty with respect to the extent or enforce-ability of Rhopoint Instruments’ warranty. No repair or replacement of Goods by Rhopoint Instruments or the other manufacturer shall extend the warranty period of Rhopoint Instruments.
Proceedure for Returning goods under warranty:
- Complete the form here to obtain a case reference number (RMA) for the fault. Proof of purchase may be requested.
- Once permission has been given for the return of goods, follow the procedure relating to return of goods which will be issued with the case reference number (RMA). Rhopoint Instruments reserves the right to issue an invoice for any costs of shipping and/or customs duties/charges borne by Rhopoint Instruments to receive the goods as a result of failing to follow the procedure.
- When the instrument is received by Rhopoint Instruments, the product will be assessed. If the warranty claim is upheld, the goods will be repaired/replaced and returned to the Owner. If there is no fault found with the instrument, an inspection fee plus return shipping will need to be paid prior to the despatch of the product from Rhopoint Instruments.
- If after evaluation, the defects are found to be arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Manufacturer’s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Manufacturer’s approval, a quotation for the repair/replacement will be issued to the owner.
- Rhopoint Instruments reserves the right to include to the costs of shipping and customs duties/charges borne by Rhopoint Instruments to receive the goods.
- Once payment for the quotation is received in full, the goods will be repaired and returned to the owner.
- Should the Owner not wish to proceed with the repair, the goods will be returned to the Owner upon receipt of payment for the cost of shipping and customs duties/charges borne by Rhopoint Instruments to receive the goods plus the cost of return freight to the Owner.